Saturday, July 14, 2012

Personal Reflection

Today, I discovered something about myself.

During class, we had an activity about our topic on SWOT. It is an acronym used in Management for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats. Our teacher told us to write our personal SWOT. Instead of using it to analyze a company or a product, he wanted us to use that concept to analyze our selves.

I stared at my paper for some time because I cannot think of anything to write. I asked myself, what is my Strength? Do I even have any? I can't really think of anything I'm really good at.

Moments like these just magnify my feeling of inferiority and self-doubt. After doodling some things that I didn't really think were my strengths, I then answer the next question: What are my weaknesses? And then it hit me.

I cannot think of any weaknesses either! Don't get me wrong. I know my personality. There are many things about me that I can consider as weaknesses. However, I didn't think of it like that.

Instead,  I see them as things that I can improve upon. I don't know. It just caught me by surprise that even though I don't have a high regard for myself, I'm not frustrated or pessimistic about my life either.

After that activity, a sense of contentment resurfaced in my heart. Even though I know that I am an unworthy and a lowly human being, I am contented and happy with my life because of my trust in HIM that directs my path.


No comments:

Post a Comment